Wednesday, May 2, 2007,11:08 AM
Keira Knightley's quit threat
KeiraKnightley plans to quit the movie industry, because she is "sick of being a celebrity".

The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' actress is tired of the constant interest in her private life and says recent allegations her body shape was promoting anorexia have taken her to the brink of giving up acting.

Keira said in an interview with Elle magazine: "The celebrity thing's completely crazy. I think I just have to move away or give it up altogether.

"I couldn't have kids in the situation I'm in now. But I could just do something else. That's probably what's going to happen. I made a decision very recently that I want a life instead."

Keira, 22 - who has been acting since the age of seven - shot to worldwide fame in 'Bend It Like Beckham' in 2002.

The actress has previously hit out at accusations she suffers from an eating disorder, but admitted anorexia does run in her family.

Keira said: "I've got a lot of experience with anorexia - my grandmother and great-grandmother suffered from it, and I had a lot of friends at school who suffered from it. I know it's not something to be taken lightly and I don't.

"But whatever people say about my weight they are all wrong, I'm just naturally thin."

 
posted by Nandy18
Permalink ¤