Sunday, February 25, 2007,9:50 AM
Hathaway Defends Party Girl Lohan
Actress Anne Hathaway has defended the hard-partying ways of LindsayLohan, insisting all young people enjoy behaving wildly from time to time.

Hathaway, 24, empathises with Lohan but hopes the young star will soon calm down and concentrate on her career.

She says, "You know, Lindsay and I have a lot more in common than people think. It's just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint.

"I just hope she finds some comfort in the way she chooses to live. I wasted time doing self-destructive things, but it didn't work. I found you can only dance on so many table tops."

Twenty-year-old Lohan was spotted clubbing last weekend (ends18FEB07), just days after checking out of Hollywood rehab clinic the Wonderland Centre, where she undertook a 30-day treatment programme.

Meanwhile in other news the actress has credited Angelina Jolie with transforming her life and Hollywood career.

The Princess Diaries star insists she was insecure before meeting the Girl, Interrupted actress, but soon changed her outlook on life after Jolie urged her to "stop being silly".

She says, "I just love Angie's fearlessness, her provocativeness. Before I met her, I was in this mindset where everybody hated me, and I hated me, and everything was too much.

"She made me see how silly I was, how I couldn't just sit on my ass."

 
posted by Nandy18
Permalink ¤